My French Yellow Tufted Chair

Last fall I had a garage sale and sold quite a number of things – one of them being that chair that I slipcovered a few years ago. It really took up too much space and all the flaws of the slipcover (it was my first and only attempt) had been bothering me for a while. So I sold the old chair last year and bought a new French yellow tufted chair last week!
cottage style decor - French yellow tufted accent chair
 I almost bought another white slipcovered chair from Ikea but I decided I wanted a fun accent chair instead.
DIY slipcovered chair made from a drop cloth
This is the one I sold.  I slipcovered it with drop cloths and toile fabric.
yelow tufted accent chair from Target
I had chairs in the dining room and my office that I used in my living room during the holidays as needed and we were happy to have more room since the Christmas tree always makes the living room feel so much smaller.  So I was in no hurry to replace the chair I sold.
yellow accent chair from Target and yellow lamp from Target
This chair is comfortable, love, love, love the color AND the legs! I found this at Target on-line. $132 on sale. Plus I had it in my cart and didn’t check out right away and the next day they sent me a $5 off coupon! The lamp is from Target too, but I’ve had that for over a year.
shelves styled with yellow accessories
I added some yellow accessories to the bookcases behind the chair.
side view of yellow tufted accent chair
 I’m very happy I took my time and found this chair! Yellow is my second favorite color! It’s such a cheery color and looks great with red  (which is my #1 favorite color)….as I’m sure you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Popular Posts